MOORESVILLE – Trey Shannon’s world record attempt Dec. 14-15 at The Pit Indoor Kart Racing will be paired by a pro/celebrity kart race and a performance by David Pittman of “American Idol.”
Shannon will attempt to set the record for most distance traveled in a 24 hour, solo driver, indoor kart drive.
The pro/celebrity race will feature drivers from NASCAR, karting, Grand-Am, ARCA and Legends, such as Tanner Berryhill, Andrew Burton, Tyson Catron, Maryeve Dufault, CJ Faison, Trey Jarrell, Devin Jones, Tom Long, Mark MacFarland, Jared Marks, John-Hunter Nemechek, Mike Senica, Mike Skeen, Zack Skolnick and Tyler Young.
The Racing for Tourettes 24 Hour Challenge will raise money and awareness for Shannon’s Racing for Tourettes campaign, supporting the national Tourette Syndrome Association.
The event will feature a raffle with prizes including a two-day driving course at Bondurant, GoPro HERO3 Camera and Bell GP2 Helmet. Tickets cost $25 for one, $50 for three and $75 for five.
The raffle will close Dec. 20, at which time, winners will be announced on www.treyshannon.com.
The schedule is as follows:
• 10 a.m. – Trey begins his 24 Hour Challenge.
• 11 a.m.-noon – Track open to public (adult karts only).
• 8 p.m. – Pro driver meet-and-greet autograph session.
• 9 p.m. – Live performance by Dave Pittman.
• 10 a.m. – Conclusion of 24 Hour Challenge.
• 10-11 a.m. – Meet Trey and celebrate with him.
• 10 a.m.-noon – Track open to public for kart racing.
• 11-11:45 a.m. – Pro driver autograph session.
• Noon – Pro/celebrity heat races.
• 12:55 p.m. – National Anthem by Dave Pittman
• 1 p.m. – Pro/celebrity feature race.
• 1:30 p.m. – Track reopens to the public.