NASCAR driver moves into The Point
by Staff Writer
MOORESVILLE – NASCAR driver Miguel Paludo has bought a home in Sconset Village within The Point subdivision, according to real estate records.
Paludo’s purchase comes a month after Turner Scott Motorsports announced his return to its NASCAR Camping World Truck Series lineup in 2013. The team is based at 112 Byers Creek Road.
Paludo and his wife, Patricia, paid $680,000 for the home, located 3.4 miles down the road from where they were living at the time of the Jan. 25 sale. The couple had lived at 108 Brawley Harbor Place.
“The reason my clients liked this particular house was the architectural design,” said Boston Reid, owner of Concord-based Lead 2 Real Estate Group. “Being in Sconset Village helped. It’s like a community within a big community.”
The gated community has the look of a New England-style village with Nantucket-inspired cottages, according to a Crescent Resources LLC website. The 3,455-square-foot home has four bedrooms, according to Zillow.com.
“The Point in general, is still seeing a good demand right now,” said Reid, a former driver for Hendrick Motorsports.
Paludo, 29, finished the 2012 season ranked 10th in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series standings. He became the first Brazilian driver to win a pole in one of NASCAR’s three largest series.
“I joined Turner Motorsports because I believed that it was an organization where I could race competitively,” Paludo said in December. “The fact that we closed out the last season with a championship trophy and all three of our full-time trucks in the top-10 in points says a lot for what our organization is capable of.”
Off the track, the Paludos welcomed a son, Oliver, August 2011.
Iredell County’s five largest land deals
The following transactions were recorded from Jan. 28-Feb. 1:
1. $5,035,000 – South Iredell Community Development Corporation bought 476.7 acres off U.S. 801 in Mooresville. Economic developers have said the industrial park will help recruit employers.
2. $1,155,000 – Zircon International LLC, a lot at The Point in Mooresville.
3. $1,100,000 – Group Three Holdings LLC, a lot in Lakeside Park in Mooresville.
4. $972,000 – Gilbraltar Residential I LLC, several lots in the Anniston subdivision in Mooresville.
5. $860,000 – David and Donna Martin, a lot in Carson’s Place neighborhood in Mooresville.